. . . not in my neck of the woods. Where did it go? Summer that is. I have been so busy, I haven’t even been keeping up here. Heck, I can’t even remember where I left off. What I do know is that ever since the 4th of July it’s been go, go, go or should I say went, went, went. We went on vacation, we went to the balloon festival, we went to Diamond Valley and of course I have a few hundred photos to show for it. And if we weren’t going, we were working. My “day job” has been the biggest change. It went from almost zero to overdrive overnight! And now thrown into the mix is the festival/craft season starting up. I have three different festivals three weekends in a row. It would have been four but the first one got cancelled this past weekend due to Irene (the so-called hurricane). I’ve been doing a lot of printing, matting & framing, which I still need to finish before Saturday. Whew. It’s best I just stick to my lists and not get to ahead of myself.
Speaking of staying on task, I better get back to work and then get some more matting done. As soon as I can fit it in (hopefully before Saturday), I’ll post more information about this Saturday’s ART IN THE GARDEN.
Wow, it has been a month since my last post and here it is mid September. I have been a little busier than usual since my last post . . .
- I stepped up as Social Director of the Doylestown Photography Club, oh, and tacked on refreshments coordinator as well. Club and committee meetings are in full swing. I think this will be very good year for the club.
- This semester’s class is the History of Photography. I really can’t comment much about it because in three classes there’s only been 1 hour and 11 minutes of instruction (it’s a 2 hour and 45 minutes class): 11 minutes the first class, an hour the second (ok, so I was late), and the third class was canceled (vent: which I found out after I drove all the way there).
- The club also had their first exhibition in the Doylestown Arts Festival. I submitted 3 framed/4 matted and I came home with 3 framed 4 matted. But! I did sell 1 note card (yeah me). The club did great overall! Getting ready for these events is so time-consuming. I definitely have to come up with a better way.
- I’ll be doing another fall festival (this time with Fernando) in a couple of weeks. I have no idea what to expect from this as it is a “1st Annual” festival.
- And then there is Charlie and he pretty much takes up all my other free time. Of course I have taken hundreds of photos of Charlie (and some other stuff too) but have yet to view them.
Be sure to keep checking back to see Charlie’s progress (and some other stuff too).
Hmmm, I guess it’s time to change my page banner now too.